Friday, October 10, 2008

Peter Collingwood, Weaver

This morning there was a post by Jason Collingwood, informing weavers that his father, Peter Collingwood, had passed away yesterday, unexpectedly, while in his workshop, his favorite place.

The weaving world has lost an individual who shared his discoveries in the form of books, workshops, and through on-line lists such as WeaveTech. This year, interviews with Peter Collingwood, on two DVDs, were made available at Convergence 2008, and are now available through Complex Weavers.

When I first started weaving, Peter Collingwood was going to be giving a workshop at The Looms, in Mineral Point, WI. Ken Colwell urged me to attend, but as I had just taken only my first or second week of weaving classes, I felt I did not know enough too understand the content of the workshop, so I declined, a decision I have regretted these many years. We will all miss Peter's knowledgeable and sharing posts on WeaveTech.

No comments: